If your freeboard chiller is not a Zer-O-Coil, you’re losing 50% more solvent than necessary!*
FIRST & foremost. The Ultronix Zer-O-Coil (continuous freeboard chiller) operates at -10o F to -30o F without a defrost cycle. Therefore, the Zer-O-Coil maintains a constant air blanket above the vapor zone making it substantially more solvent-efficient than competitive freeboard chillers. The Zer-O-Coil is designed to strip solvent from the air above the primary condenser. Some customers request an additional hoist stop in this zone to “strip” (recover) trapped solvent vapor from the workload.
The Zer-O-Coil will meet the 30% Blanket required by NESHAP Regulations as well as SCAQMD, Rule 1122 for Southern California.
SECOND , the internal hoist assembly processes workloads through the cleaning cycle under a closed lid. The hoist system is simple and efficient. The addition of spray cycles, additional dwell stops, etc. are easy to incorporate into the process for a tailor-made application.
THIRD , the internal hoist assembly processes workloads through the cleaning cycle under a closed lid. The hoist system is simple and efficient. The addition of spray cycles, additional dwell stops, etc. are easy to incorporate into the process for a tailor-made application.
FOURTH , an oversized water separator for drier solvent. In addition, a separate collection trough under the low temperature coils processes reclaimed solvent/water through a small water separator before entering the main separator.
FIFTH , Ultronix vapor degreasers have 12 gauge stainless steel tank(s), foam insulation & stainless steel sheathe.
- ZER-O-COIL -- Balanced low temperature refrigeration to control the losses from vapor air interface (length x width) of the degreaser directly above the primary condensing system. The uniquely designed Zer-O-Coil system runs continuously without the need to shut down the low temperature refrigeration for defrost. A separate trough directs the collection of recovered solvent and defrosted water into a small separator.
- FILTER SYSTEM -- 3/4" x 1/2" centrifugal type stainless steel magnetic pump and open, drip-proof motor, solvent circulated from the immersion sump through a 10" cartridge type filter; micron media to be at customer's option.
- INTERNAL HOIST ASSEMBLY -- An air/oil platform lift system. The unit allows the workload to be processed through the immersion and vapor cycles. Baskets are loaded and unloaded at a position under the sliding lid. The basket is placed on a platform, the lid is closed and the start button is pressed. The platform above the boiling sump can process the workload either in or above the boiling sump (immersion), and return to the load position under the lid. The load is manually moved to the rinse section of the degreaser. The second platform is lowered into the rinse immersion. The load is then lifted into the vapor zone for a timed dwell, and returns to the load/unload position under the lid. Electrical sequencing is in ladder logic. A PC Controller is optional.
- CONSTRUCTION -- The tank is fabricated of 12 gauge, 304 type stainless steel, heliarc welded with structural steel reinforcing as required. Pipe fittings are welded to the tank & solvent collection troughs and are type 304 stainless steel. Complete tank is insulated with foam insulation after assembly and attractively sheathed with type 304 stainless steel.
- WATER SEPARATOR -- High capacity water separator is designed for extended retention of solvent for efficient separation of moisture. Separator is supplied with a sealed removable lid. Solvent flows through an oversized water separator/spray reservoir and returns to the degreasing system into the immersion sump and back into the boiling sump.
- HEATING SYSTEM -- Stainless steel sheathe, low watt density heating elements are mounted on the bottom of the boiling degreaser sump.
- PRIMARY CONDENSER -- Multi-passes of stainless coils around the inside perimeter of the tank. Freeboard ratio is 150% of the working width of the tank. 1/2 H.P., 3 H.P. or 5 H.P. primary condensing system (direct expansion refrigeration) semi-hermetic compressor. System comes with all necessary safety switches to protect the compressor and comply with all regulations.
- STAINLESS COVER AIR POWERED LID -- Stainless cover air powered lid is attached to the top of the freeboard. Appropriate material is used for the slide and seal for the lid. An air regulator and dial gauge are included. Approximately 6 psig air is required. A foot switch provides for hands-free operation.
*Solvent consumption savings cited are based on actual customer experiences and depend on operation of equipment in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.